Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Back on the beat with my panel of experts

This blog has been relatively inactive since our last sojourn in Italy. Much of my light comments have been reserved for Facebook. But I thought this might be a good place to record my observations and opinion as an American in Italy. Although I don’t speak the language very well, I do try to read the local papers and La Repubblica at least once a week.

Fabrizio
Wally
Fausto
And, of course, I have a small circle of local Italian friends to whom I turn for information: Fausto, my barber, Fabrizio, the laundry guy, and my buddy Valter, slow food impressario, sommelier and olive oil taster. I almost always misunderstand the news- papers, so I rely on Valter for precision. None of them can speak English, except Valter, who studies and tries hard.

Next posting:  Did Bob Dylan write a hymn to Silvio Berlusconi?

No comments: