Wednesday, August 27, 2008

John's Fantastic Video!

This blog has suffered neglect over the past few months. I was hoping to have some final reflections regarding this past year's program -- and I promise that I will soon. I want to report on some of my observations regarding Assisi particularly. But now I am back at work preparing for next year's (Spring 2009) Franciscan Heritage Program.

The catch-up posting will have to wait: for now, I want to post this fantastic video regarding the experiences of the SBU students who did internships in May. The internships included placements at Costa D'Oro, an olive oil exporter in Spoleto, where students did market research and web editing, and working directly with John Burke's firm Talent-and-Energy. John is an alumnus of SBU who has been working to place and expand opportunities for our students in Italy. He put this film together from snippets of digital video taken during his work with the students in Perugia last May. John had a way of pointing his little camera at you and asking you to "say a few words" about the program, or "say a few words in Italiano!" The results is this fantastic video below. I hope you enjoy it -- maybe next year you'll have a supporting role in the next FHP video.


No comments: